This is the kind of thing studios don’t usually make public but we think it’s important to let our clients know who we are and where we’re coming from.
All Still Hot Yoga Instructors shall…
- interact with goodwill and respect for all people regardless of age, physical limitations, race, creed, gender, ethnicity, religion affiliation, or sexual orientation.
- conduct him or her self in a way that is respectful of and in consideration of students’ gender, ethnicity, and cultural and religious beliefs.
- treat all communications from students with professional confidence.
- respect the rights, dignity, and privacy of all students.
- refrain from implying supernatural connections or powers.
- make no exaggerated claims as to the benefits of yoga practice.
- not attempt to diagnose a student’s physical or psychological condition, prescribe a treatment, or suggest or approve of going against a physician’s advice.
- acknowledge the limitations of their skills and scope of practice and where appropriate, refer students to seek alternative instruction, advice, treatment, or direction from a qualified health professional.
- maintain a regular, consistent and safe practice of the Bikram Yoga series.
- manage their personal life in a healthful fashion and to seek appropriate assistance for their own personal problems or conflicts.
- refrain from using their position at Still Hot Yoga to publicize or disseminate political or religious dogmas.
- refrain from condemnation or criticism of other established traditional methods, styles, schools, or instructors of yoga .
- not engage in harassment, abusive words or actions, or exploitative coercion of students or former students.
- not touch, physically manipulate or otherwise offer any “hands on” assistance in the instruction of yoga postures.
- refrain from initiating a romantic or sexual relationship with a current student, even if invited by the student.
- adhere to and demonstrate compliance with this Code of Ethics at all times and not only when acting in the role of a professional instructor.